Friday, March 31, 2017

For today's blog post I will be discussing the new Death Note 2017 live action movie. Or rather, the trailer for it. In my opinion, I didn't really like it. Wait! Don't leave yet! I didn't like it because of how the trailer made the movie look. It looks like the new movie is based more on the action scenes rather than the suspenseful scenes like in the manga and Anime, and the actors didn't even vaguely look like the original characters. Now, I wouldn't expect the director to try to find exact doubles of the original Death Note characters, but a resemblance would have been appreciated. I didn't really see them focusing on the more intelligent parts either, but this IS just the first trailer. I do, however, like the choice of having Willem Dafoe do the voice for Ryuk. Although, we have yet to see what Ryuk will actually look like. It looks as though the director is making a completely different movie from the original Death Note, but we won't be able to completely tell until we get some more information. If you guys want to see the trailer for yourselves instead of just seeing my opinion of it, here's the link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?ab_channel=NetflixUS%26Canada&v=zS9UW2xjdqE

No comments:

Post a Comment