Sunday, October 29, 2017

Instead of my usual blog posts, today's blog post will be my opinions on an Anime topic. Today's topic is about the Yu-Gi-Oh English dub. Many fans enjoy the voices used in the English dub, but it also gets a lot of hate because of how many things 4Kids changed. They actually changed quite a bit of things in the English version, including the removal of all guns, and even the age of the Pharaoh (which was changed from 3000+ years to 5000+ years). However, Funimation did release another uncut English dub. This version still had the same voice acting, but it was more like the original version of the show. There were only 9 episodes dubbed like this though, despite its popularity. Okay, time for my opinion on it! Although I very much like the English dub, I also don't like how many things were changed for it. I personally think that the uncut version with the original English voice actors should continue so the fans can choose if they want to watch the 4Kids version or not. Especially since one of the main complaints I see about this is how the fans like the English voices, but they also like the original storyline for it. If you guys have any thoughts on this as well, feel free to leave some comments on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment