Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The time has come for me to officially start my Anime According To WikiHow series! Yay! To start this series off, I will be talking about the page called "How To Avoid Being A Weeaboo". To summarize what the page is about (since I read the whole page for this post), it basically says that to avoid becoming a weeaboo, you shouldn't speak broken Japanese, prioritize Japanese products, or dress up as an Anime character for your actual everyday clothes. I actually agree with all three of these points, since it would be weird to dress like an Anime character all the time and buy something just because it's Japanese. It would also be weird to randomly say Japanese words like "desu" or "sugoi" when you're not having a conversation in Japanese. However, the page also mentions that you should learn the Japanese language and culture to avoid being a weeaboo as well. Although I think this would be a good idea if you were already interested in learning the language and learning about the culture, it wouldn't be a good idea to learn about it just to prove that you're not a weeaboo. I would also like to point out that it's fine to just like Anime, manga, and Vocaloids without being a weeaboo. If you want to check the WikiHow page out for yourself, here's the link for it: https://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Becoming-a-Weeaboo

No comments:

Post a Comment