Monday, June 28, 2021

What time is it? Post time! The blog post for today will be about nonbinary Pokemon. As I was looking through anime articles earlier today, I found one talking about nonbinary Pokemon. At first glance, I assumed it meant they were being inclusive and adding nonbinary as a gender option for the trainer. However, that isn't what they meant. Instead, they are considering making the Pokemon nonbinary. This made me rather upset, considering I had assumed they were being more inclusive for the people who play the games. Although adding more gender options for the trainers would make sense, I don't see the point in adding it for the Pokemon. Most Pokemon are based on animals anyways, and there are already Pokemon who are genderless. I personally think it would be more welcoming for players if they gave the player characters more gender options, instead of taking those options and giving them to the Pokemon they catch. But, these are just my thoughts on this topic. Nonetheless, I hope you all still enjoyed this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment