Wednesday, March 16, 2022

It's time for another new post! For today's blog post, I'll be talking about an ongoing meme in the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood fandom. I'm sure a lot of you already know which one I mean, but there will be spoilers for those who don't. You see, there was an episode in the anime that centered around a man trying to successfully create a Chimera. Everything seemed fine, until slowly it became clear that his previous failed Chimera was actually his wife. This become fully revealed when the man's dog and daughter went missing, only to be found fused together. Rather than be devastated by this, fans have decided to laugh through the pain. This has become a very well-known meme within the community, and pretty much everyone knows the story of poor Nina now. Is this a good meme? Well, I personally don't like it. But if it helps people get over the emotional punch of that episode, then it's perfectly fine. Honestly, that ongoing joke in the fandom catches me off-guard every time I see it. I know it makes other fans sad as well, but others find the jokes funny. So, I suppose it's a case of "to each their own". Nonetheless, I hope you all still enjoyed this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment