Friday, July 1, 2022

As much as I hate to talk about this, it needs to be done. For those of you who don't know, the Genshin Impact community is in an uproar again. New Sumeru characters have recently been revealed and fans are not happy. A lot of fans are excited about the recently leaked characters, but others are mad about their skin tones. Yes, that's right. They're once again angry over this. Normally I don't mind people wanting more representation, but most of the people complaining are white anyways. As someone who is also as pale as a marshmallow, I don't think I should complain about representation. I do agree that things can be more diverse, but we don't even know what the rest of the Sumeru characters will look like. These may not even be their final designs. Besides, Mihoyo, or Hoyoverse, can't do anything about characters they've already created. Instead, we should hope for new characters. Either way, it should be said that there are paler people of color as well, and it isn't our place to erase their representation for the sake of others. Nonetheless, I hope you all still enjoyed this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment