Monday, November 27, 2017

I know I have done multiple blog posts about Yokai before, most of which were from the show Yokai Watch. However, I have not yet made a post about what a Yokai is. So, that's what today's post will be about. To start with, Yokai are beings that come from Japanese folklore. There are a lot of different types of Yokai, and they can be supernatural monsters, demons, or spirits. Yokai can also appear to be humanoid beings, like a Yuki Onna or an Ame Onna. But, not all of them are like this. There are also some animal type Yokai as well, like the Nekomata (a two-tailed cat Yokai) or the Ogama (a toad Yokai). There can even be Yokai that were once items, such as the Karakasa Obake (a Yokai that was once a parasol). Some Yokai are harmless as well, and some can even bring good luck. But, other Yokai can be quite mischievous or even dangerous. There are more facts about Yokai I could list here, but the information I gave above is pretty much the basic knowledge about what a Yokai is, so I'll end it here. I hope this post helps you guys understand Yokai better!

No comments:

Post a Comment