Wednesday, November 3, 2021

New day, new post! Since I talked about things the Genshin Impact fandom pick on Xiao for yesterday, I decided to talk about Zhongli today. For those of you who don't know, Zhongli is known for a few lines. However, one of them is "Osmanthus wine tastes the same as I remember... But where are those who share the memory?". It's a nice, sad sentence that is obviously filled with melancholy. So, the fandom turned it into a meme. It's unclear why they did this, since mourning your lost loved ones isn't usually seen as funny. But, they did. Although it isn't the only morbid joke within the fandom, it is one of the most prominent ones. Other ones are about Kazuha's friend and Diluc's father. Although I'm fine with people making light of dark topics, making so much fun out of a rather serious line kind of rubs me the wrong way. But, that's just my opinion. Nonetheless, I hope you all still enjoyed this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment