Monday, April 18, 2022

It's time for another new post! The blog post for today will be about nightcore. Now, I do hear you. What does this have to do with anime? After all, nightcore is just taking music from any genre and speeding it up. However, the videos of nightcore music always have anime characters in them. It's unclear when this started, since it seems like this has always been the trend. The music itself usually has nothing to do with the anime characters in the video, so why do they use them at all? The answer is, the appeal. If an anime fan sees a character they like or recognize, they'll be more likely to click on the video. Even if they don't recognize the character, sometimes they just like them. For example, I found Kanato Sakamaki accidentally from a song on youtube. I didn't know who he was, but I clicked on the video to see if I could find out who he was. Had he not been in the thumbnail, I wouldn't have listened to the song at all. This is why people use anime characters in nightcore videos. Along with this, anime characters have become heavily associated with nightcore. But, these are mostly just my thoughts on this topic. I just wanted to discuss it after seeing just how many nightcore videos had anime characters in them. Nonetheless, I hope you all still enjoyed this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment