Monday, May 20, 2024

New day, new post! For today's blog post, I will be talking about Meowscarada. I briefly mentioned in a previous post that Meowscarada is one of my favorite masculine Pokemon. Despite this, I understand that many people see Meowscarada as being more feminine. So, I wanted to expand on this topic more today. Meowscarada has become one of those Pokemon that's always shown to be feminine and is often drawn as a female within the fandom. Although I normally just ignore this, it does bother me a little with this Pokemon. Of course I understand because this happens a lot in this fandom, and Meowscarada isn't fully 100% male. However, it is supposed to be more masculine. Meowscarada is based on a few things, like phantom thieves, magicians, and jokers. It's even called the Magician Pokemon, and its personality is based on flamboyant performers. Along with this, it has a gender ratio of a massive 87 . 5% male; meaning it's supposed to be more masculine. It's kind of silly to care about the gender of a Pokemon, and normally I don't care. But viewing a feminine man as being gay, trans, or just outright female is becoming a more common occurrence within the anime community, and it's sad to see this unfortunate trend leaking into the Pokemon fandom. Regardless, I hope you all still enjoyed this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment