Sunday, September 15, 2024

It's post time! For today's blog post, I will be talking about a Mario rumor. There's been a rumor floating around that claims Mario isn't saying "It's-a-me", but rather "itsumi" which means "super". I don't know where this rumor started, or why it started. But it's just wrong. First of all, itsumi doesn't mean super. Secondly, there are multiple references to the "It's-a-me" catchphrase throughout Nintendo's branding and marketing. Third of all, Mario games have always been translated before being released in America, so there'd be no reason to include a Japanese word. Normally I don't mind silly little mix-ups, but this is just blatant misinformation that's being spread around. I really don't like when people make these claims and spread them around as facts. It's harmful and honestly pretty annoying. So always remember, if someone on TikTok or YouTube or anywhere like that tells you something is a fact, research it yourself. As always, I hope you all enjoyed this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment