Tuesday, September 10, 2024

It's time for a Scaramouche appreciation post! I've talked about Scaramouche from Genshin Impact a few times in the past, and I'm here to do it again. Scaramouche, or Wanderer, is one of my favorite misunderstood characters. On the surface, he seems like a regular unlikable villain that even I hated at one point. He's rude, uncaring, and seemingly unredeemable. I also personally don't like characters that you need to know their whole tragic backstory for if you want to understand them. Although I originally thought Scaramouche was one of those, I don't think so anymore. Once you get to know him, he's pretty clearly just a bitter and jaded person who at this point only exists to follow orders and further his own goals. And since he's hundreds of years old and doesn't deal with people often, it isn't even a surprise that he doesn't like them anymore. You don't even have to know his backstory to realize that and sympathize with how done he is with everyone. It's also important to note that he does try to be polite and make up for things if given the chance, which means he's not completely a jerk; he's just sick of people. Of course knowing his backstory helps, but I honestly wouldn't mind him if he really was just an older immortal being who was just tired of dealing with the mortals. And I think that's what makes him such a good character. He doesn't have to be complex, but him being complex also just makes him better. But those are just my thoughts on this topic. As a little bonus, here's a picture of Scaramouche below. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment