Thursday, September 5, 2024

New day, new post! For today's blog post, I will be talking about why Avatar The Last Airbender isn't an anime. This show was always known as just a cartoon until recently. As of a few years ago, it started being included in anime lists and on anime blogs and things like that; and anime fans just accepted that. But I disagree. No, this show isn't anime, it's anime inspired. There's a difference, even if it's a small one. I have become very relaxed with what I consider anime, but I don't think Avatar counts. It isn't based on Japan, and it wasn't meant to be an anime. It was meant to be a cartoon that was inspired by anime. It's also overly exaggerated in some scenes not just to copy anime, but also as a reference to older cartoons as well. Because of this, I don't think it should be considered an anime. Something shouldn't be "close enough" to be considered an anime. Something should start out as an anime and stay that way; even if it isn't from Japan. But, these are mostly just my thoughts on this topic. Nonetheless, I hope you all still enjoyed this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment