Saturday, April 27, 2019

I'm back with another blog post! For today's blog post, I'm here to talk about something I noticed in Twisted-Wonderland. While I was looking at Floyd and Jade Leech for yesterday's blog post, I noticed something pretty interesting. I believe Floyd and Jade are based on the eels Flotsam and Jetsam from The Little Mermaid. You heard it here first! Hopefully, considering I thought of this last night. But I had already done a blog post by then, so I couldn't do another one. Anyways, as weird as this may seem, it actually makes complete sense. First of all, the students at the school for villains are all said to have the souls of villains. Even though this isn't really noticeable with the other characters we've seen thus far, it is made very obvious with Floyd and Jade. For example, their names start with the same letters as Flotsam's and Jetsam's names. You can also see that at least Floyd has sharp teeth as well, which means Jade most likely does too. But the biggest deciding factor for this are their eyes. They both have one brown eye and one yellow eye, but each one is switched. Why is this important? Well in the movie this dorm is based on, Flotsam and Jetsam have similar eyes. But, these are mostly just my thoughts on this topic anyways. Only time will tell if I'm right or not! Nonetheless, I hope you guys still enjoyed this blog post! I will also be including pictures of Floyd, Jade, and Flotsam and Jetsam below so you guys can see them for comparison. Enjoy!

Floyd Leech

Jade Leech

Flotsam and Jetsam from The Little Mermaid

No comments:

Post a Comment