Wednesday, August 23, 2023

It's post time! For today's blog post, I will be giving my thoughts on Near's new design from the Death Note one shot. Well, almost new. His current look has been around for a while now, even though many fans choose to largely ignore it. Personally, I love the way Near looks in the most recent Death Note one shot. He looks mostly the same, with just a few differences. His long hair is the most noticeable one. However, he also wears a sweater vest now. Although a small change, I think it was a nice touch. I also love his long hair. It looks good on him; even if it confuses people. Near's long and messy hair shows that he's different than he used to be. He's entirely separate from L, and the short pieces found throughout his hair show that he still has the habit of twisting his hair while he's thinking. I've talked about why his long hair makes sense for his character before, but I really do believe that. I also think keeping him in his signature pajamas was a good call, because it shows that he's still himself in some ways. He basically still acts the same way he always has; even if he is much older now. He kept his young-looking face as well, which was a really good choice for him. It makes sense for Near to still look small and young even when he's grown. He was mostly grown by the end of Death Note anyways, so of course he would still look the same now. As always, I'll be including a picture of how Near looks now so you all can see him for yourselves. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment