Friday, September 8, 2023

It's post time! And I'm back to talk about Hilichurl Rogues from Genshin Impact. I've talked about them on here before, but I wanted to talk about it once again. Every time I see them, I have the same question. However, there will be some pretty big Hilichurl-related spoilers in this post. So proceed with caution! Now then, let's get on with it! For those of you who don't know, Hilichurls are implied to be corrupted humans; possibly (and probably) from Khaenri'ah. Hilichurl Rogues are a somewhat newer type of Hilichurl. But their designs aren't really similar to other Hilichurls. Instead, they're similar to Xiao. They're very similar to Xiao. They're bigger and stronger than other Hilichurls, as well. Because of this, I have a theory that Hilichurl Rogues are actually corrupted Yakshas. Yakshas were a whole race of adepti. Despite this, only Xiao is left. It's likely the others perished, or succumbed to their karmic debts. Yakshas also dealt closely with corrupted beings, much like Xiao does now. Because of this, there's a very good chance the others who survived became corrupted just as the humans likely did. It may have taken a longer time, but it would make sense. It would also explain why Hilichurl Rogues are stronger, and why they can control the elements. But, those are mostly just my thoughts on this topic. I just wanted to talk about this again because I can't ignore how similar they are to Xiao. Nonetheless, I hope you all still enjoyed this blog post! As always, I'll be including a picture of both Xiao and a Hilichurl Rogue below so you all can see for yourselves. Enjoy!

Xiao

An Anemo Hilichurl Rogue

No comments:

Post a Comment