Friday, November 24, 2023

It's post time! For today's blog post, I will be giving my thoughts on the movie The Tale Of Princess Kaguya. There will be some major spoilers for the ending of the movie though, so proceed with caution if you've never seen the movie before. I think this movie is better if it's experienced without being spoiled first, so I would recommend watching it before reading this post if you haven't already. Now then, let's get on with it! The Tale Of Princess Kaguya is a Studio Ghibli movie from the year 2013. This movie is an adaptation of the traditional Japanese folktale The Tale Of The Bamboo Cutter. The movie itself is very beautifully drawn. It isn't visually similar to other Studio Ghibli movies, but it's still very pretty. I really like the way it resembles traditional Japanese artwork. The story itself is pretty good. It's something of a tragedy, and it's actually a bit depressing to watch. However, it's a wonderful adaptation of the original story. It can be a little hard to follow, but it's easy to figure out what's happening as the movie progresses. Despite this, the story leaves a bit of a bad aftertaste. It's a beautifully animated movie, and it really is a good adaptation. But, it's just sad. By the end of the movie, the whole thing feels a bit empty. I may be one of the only ones who feels this way, but watching the main character who you've grown attached to slowly become more and more miserable and ultimately lose everything she ever loved and cared about is just awful. I do like parts of this movie, but it isn't one I'd watch over and over again. But, those are mostly just my thoughts on this topic. To end on a somewhat positive note, I do love the animation; and the voice actors did an amazing job. As always, I hope you all enjoyed this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment