Wednesday, November 22, 2023

It's time for another new blog post! For today's blog post, I will be talking about the movie Pom Poko. Pom Poko is a Studio Ghibli movie, and it came out in 1994. However, I won't be talking about the movie in general. Instead, I'll be giving my thoughts on it. Pom Poko is one of the lesser known Studio Ghibli movies. But, that doesn't mean it's bad. I mostly find the movie a bit hard to follow, and it can be a bit boring at times. It can take a while with wasting time on things that don't matter very much in the long run, which isn't a great thing for a standalone movie. It can also get pretty weird, and sometimes it's hard to understand exactly what's going on at all. There's also something about the English dub that bothers me, even though that isn't really the movie's fault. For a little context, Pom Poko is about Tanuki; which are raccoon dogs. But the dub translates them as just raccoons, and it spends the whole movie doing this. Normally I prefer the English dub, and it really does have some amazing voice actors. But it does bother me. I knew what the movie was about, but most people probably wouldn't know they're supposed to be raccoon dogs and not raccoons. It also would've been easier to translate it correctly as either just Tanuki or raccoon dogs. But, I digress. Those are mostly just my thoughts on this topic. I do kind of like this movie, and I recommend it if you like other Studio Ghibli films. As always, I hope you all enjoyed this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment