Friday, December 29, 2017

For today's blog post, I will be talking about the game Undertale. Now I know I've made a post about Anime references in Undertale before, since its not an Anime-oriented game. However, today I will be talking about its Japanese localization. That's right, there's also a Japanese version available for the game! It's also an official Japanese version of the game. However, the biggest part of the Japanese localization that had the Japanese fans all wound up was known as the "Oira Shock". This happened because Sans The Skeleton referred to himself using the oira pronoun. Since I don't speak very much Japanese myself, I didn't quite understand what the problem was. But it seems that this Japanese pronoun is more commonly used as a country bumpkin type term, so the fans didn't think that this pronoun was appropriate for Sans. Although this particular part was a huge shock to the Japanese fandom, this version was officially approved by the creator of Undertale, Toby Fox. Despite this one little detail, the rest of the localization for it was well-received by the Japanese fandom. I myself am also a big fan of Undertale (obviously). It's a good game, and it has a good storyline too. I would definitely recommend checking this game out as well, especially since it has all of the little added Anime references in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment