Wednesday, February 21, 2018

For today's blog post I will be talking about Team Instinct from Pokémon Go. When I was watching and reading things about Pokémon Go, I noticed that Team Instinct and its leader, Spark, were widely mocked for being a team of memes with a leader to match. As I am a proud member of Team Instinct myself, I didn't quite understand why this was. Now if you don't know, teams in Pokémon Go only become available after reaching level five and interacting with a gym. After that, the player is prompted to pick one of three teams; Team Mystic, Team Valor, and Team Instinct. Each of which holds their own ideas of what makes a Pokémon stronger, with Team Valor focusing on the strength of a Pokémon and strong bonds with Pokémon, Team Mystic focusing on knowledge and evolution, and Team Instinct focusing on the instincts of trainers and Pokémon while also focusing on how Pokémon eggs are hatched. However, Spark is often mocked for his appearance. While the other two leaders, Candela (leader of Team Valor) and Blanche (leader of Team Mystic), have more cool looking designs, Spark wears a much more casual outfit. Along with this, Spark was also shown to be tripping while holding an armful of Pokémon eggs in the official artwork for the Pokémon Go anniversary. Despite all this, I sill believe that Team Instinct is a good team with a good team leader, and I don't regret joining it at all. And if any of you still think Team Instinct is still just a team full of memes, I only have one thing to say; Team Meme for the win!

The official artwork showing Spark tripping while carrying Pokémon eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment