Friday, February 16, 2018

The blog post for today will be about the Pokémon movie I Choose You. Unlike the others, there may be a few spoilers for the movie in this post. So if you haven't watched it yet, I would suggest watching the movie first. Now then , on with the post! This movie was just released in 2017, so it's fairly new as of right now. However, this movie is very different from the previous Pokémon movies. Instead of following the main storyline, this movie is instead more of a recreation of the first few episodes of the original Pokémon Anime called Pokémon Indigo League. But, there were some major changes made to it. Instead of travelling with Brock and Misty, Ash now travels with two new characters named Verity and Sorrel. Together they go on a long journey to take the Rainbow Wing (a feather from the legendary bird Pokémon Ho-Oh) to the place it's leading them to. Along the way they run into Ash's new rival Cross, a strict trainer who believes only in the strength of Pokémon instead of the bonds made with them. Although this movie follows a very different path from the normal continuity, I actually quite liked this movie. It has a good storyline, and I liked the new characters. They also kept the original Team Rocket members, so that's a huge plus for me. But, I'm not sure how I would feel about it if this is the new permanent storyline for the Anime. I guess we'll just have to wait and see for that part. Nonetheless I would definitely recommend this movie! It's really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment