Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Was Light really the antagonist of Death Note? Well, that's what I'll be talking about in today's blog post! But first, I would like to say that there are going to be some spoilers in this post, so proceed with caution! Now on with the post! Since Light Yagami is the main character of Death Note, it's easy to think of him as the protagonist of the series. However, Light isn't an average main character. Instead, he is a liar and a cheater who is willing to do anything to reach his goal. He also manipulates other people and kills anyone who gets in his way. Although he was initially doing it to better the world by ridding the world of criminals, he eventually developed a god complex and a thirst for power. I know it sounds like I'm being biased in this post, but this really is what Light turned into after finding the Death Note. But why is this? Well, the power to kill people with only a name and a face ended up corrupting Light's way of thinking. Because of this, I think Light really was a protagonist to begin with. But, using the Death Note for so long eventually made him forget about his morals and focus only on becoming the god of his new world. Therefor in my personal opinion, Light actually did become the antagonist of the series. But this is just my personal opinion on it, so don't take it too personally!

No comments:

Post a Comment