Tuesday, June 13, 2023

It's post time! The Phantom Bride event is getting a rerun in Twisted Wonderland. I missed it the first time, so I participated this round. In normal me fashion, I finished the story within a day. But oh boy, the way they treated Idia was horrendous. I won't go into details for anyone who hasn't finished it themselves, but I would like to once again discuss the issue with Idia. Idia himself is fine. He's a shut-in otaku who has massive social anxiety. He's somewhat socially unaware, and he struggles with communicating most of the time; unless the subject is one he likes and is familiar with. I'm sure this can describe a lot of people; including those that play the game. Which causes a major issue. Idia is treated extremely poorly by 85% of the characters. He's either forced out of his comfort zone, mocked, ignored, belittled, and at times left for dead. There's almost no one who cares about him, and he'd be absolutely alone if not for his little brother. It makes it feel like they'd treat anyone with that level of social anxiety like that. It also makes it feel like anyone with social anxiety wouldn't just be outcast, but possibly left for dead as well. Would their survival rate drop significantly if they were introverted too? Would they be treated as badly as Idia, if not worse? Making someone like Idia the punching bag just because he's a bit snarky, anxious, and not conventionally normal makes it seem like everyone like that would be treated poorly. Why would anyone with those issues want to spend time with people who make them feel even worse about themself? Socially anxious and unaware people already feel bad and awkward without people making them feel worse about it. No wonder Idia stays in his room all day every day. But, those are mostly just my thoughts on this topic. I know talking about it won't change anything, and I know it's supposed to just be an ongoing joke. But it bothers me. Nonetheless, I hope you all still enjoyed this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment