Monday, June 12, 2023

It's time for another post! Up until yesterday, I was taking a break from Genshin Impact. I missed a few things, but I needed a break after playing it for so long. But that isn't the only reason I took a break. The other reason, was Tighnari. For those of you who don't know, Tighnari got a new voice actor. It was a needed change, but I was worried because his voice really fit him before. A good voice can make or break a character, and his new voice broke him. Tighnari was one of my top favorite characters before. Now, I can't even stand to have him on my team. His voice is fine, and I like the voice actor they chose for him. But he doesn't sound like Tighnari anymore. Tighnari was known for his sassy and snarky personality, while still being polite. They didn't have to keep the voice the same, but they could have at least kept his personality. He isn't the same anymore. Any time anyone spoke up about this, they were ridiculed. That isn't right though, nor is it fair. A voice is part of the character, and how you say things is what shows your personality. It feels like he doesn't even have a personality anymore. He's just, another character. He isn't sassy at all. He's just, there. And it drives me so crazy that he constantly sounds like he's just, there. He doesn't really have much of a vocal direction or anything. It sounds like he doesn't even want to be there. If they had kept his personality, I wouldn't have minded the new voice. But they didn't. So now he just feels like a hollow shell of a character that used to have a personality. But, those are mostly just my thoughts on this topic. Nonetheless, I hope you all still enjoyed this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment