Thursday, July 20, 2023

 It's post time! For today's blog post, I will be talking about how Scaramouche from Genshin Impact went from one of my least favorite characters, to one of my favorites. Minor spoilers ahead though! Back when Scaramouche was nothing more than a Fatui Harbinger, I couldn't understand why so many people liked him. He had a really nice design and all that, but he was honestly kind of a jerk. I'm not here to say "I'm not like other fans, I hated him" or anything like that. If fans liked him because he was a jerk, that's fine. If there were fans who were worried he would die, congrats! He's alive! But he isn't really the same. Not only does he go by a different name now, but his personality is a bit different too. Yes, he can still be cold and snarky. He still comes off as a bit uncaring, too. But he's also just a little bit kinder now. Surprisingly, that's not the only reason why I like him. After learning about his backstory and where he came from, I found myself understanding him. Sure he was a bit extreme, but I understood where he was coming from. Along with this, he was still willing to try despite everything he's been through. I find that admirable. But, those are mostly just my thoughts on this topic. Nonetheless, I hope you all still enjoyed this blog post! As always, I'll be including a picture of Scaramouche below. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment