Thursday, July 30, 2026

What time is it? Time for another new blog post! Recently there have been a few streaming services that are buying the streaming rights for new anime so no one else can stream them. This isn't a new business strategy, but the one who does it most often is Netflix. I actually have a big problem with this. Firstly, Netflix isn't an anime streaming service. So they're luring anime fans onto a platform that could only have one or two things they even like. Secondly, Netflix can cost up to nearly twenty or thirty dollars a month. So you're paying an insane amount of money for a streaming platform that might only have one thing you like. The lowest price is nine dollars but it forces you to watch ads anyways. You shouldn't have to watch ads on something you paid for. Especially if that streaming service doesn't even have very many things you like. Thirdly, Netflix as a business sucks. They've done a lot of things that a lot of people aren't comfortable with. Nobody wants to support a business that's run by awful people. Nobody wants to pay a ton of money to a morally bankrupt company for a small selection of shows they might like. I know other streaming services buy shows to lure people to their platforms. But I'm against Netflix buying anime in particular because they aren't even an anime platform. They're just luring people to a streaming service that should've burned out ages ago. But, those are mostly just my thoughts on this. I know I was a bit harsh with this one, but I hope you all enjoyed it anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment