Wednesday, January 24, 2018

It's blog post time! Welcome back to another installment of Anime According To WikiHow! I sincerely apologize for not doing another one of these sooner, but I honestly forgot about it. Sorry about that! Now if you guys don't know what this series is, I'll explain it. For these posts, I pick an Anime based WikiHow page and read the whole thing. Then, I tell you guys a basic idea of what it said, and then I give my thoughts on it. I also include the link to the WikiHow page at the end of the post so you guys can check it out if you want to. Now then, onto the post! For today's post, I picked a page called "How To Act Like A Utauloid". (I know it's not time to add my opinion yet, but honestly that should say an Utauloid, not a Utauloid.) To start with, this page basically tells you that to become an Utauloid, you must look like and sound like the Utauloid you chose. It also says that you should learn Japanese, and to randomly add Japanese words into your speech. It tells you not to tell anyone that you are trying to act like the Utauloid so they don't pick on you for it as well. However, it does say that looking like an Utauloid (cutting your hair, dying your hair, dressing like them, or wearing colored contacts) is completely optional. But, the page also says that you should tell people that your name is actually the Utauloid's name. Okay, time for my input. I honestly think doing any of these things would be completely overboard, even for cosplays.  I mean, it would be fine to dress like, or maybe even act like, an Utauloid for a cosplay. It would also be fine to have an Utauloid's outfit inspire your own style. But if you told someone that your name was actually the Utauloid's name, that would be too much. It's also a bit excessive to cut and dye your hair to look like the Utauloid, and to actually try to change your voice to sound like theirs. It also wouldn't be a good idea to randomly add Japanese words to your speech, since it could be quite annoying to some people. Plus, it shouldn't tell you that people would pick on you for acting like an Utauloid, since that's not necessarily true. It still wouldn't be a good idea to constantly act like one though. Since this post is getting pretty long, that's all I'll say about it for now. If you guys want to check the WikiHow page out for yourself, here's the link for it: https://www.wikihow.com/Act-Like-a-Utauloid

No comments:

Post a Comment