Sunday, January 22, 2023

3, 2, 1, post time! For today's blog post, I will be talking about human-like Pokemon. Many fans have issues with human-like Pokemon in particular, even though they usually call them bipedal Pokemon. I don't have very much of an issue with human-like Pokemon, since they've always existed. I do, however, have a problem with highly gendered Pokemon. It's already pretty strange that there are such human-like Pokemon, but do they have to be so buff or curvy? If they really do need to be made this way, why can't they have alternate versions too? If a Pokemon has to be really feminine or masculine, they could at least have two versions. Why can't we have a boy Lopunny, or a girl Incineroar? Meowscarada may be one of the first more neutral Pokemon, but so many people still just say it's a boy. The official Pokemon lore has said Pokemon and humans are highly similar in the Pokemon world, so it makes sense that some Pokemon are more human-like than others. But if they really must lean so far into the gender stereotypes for some of them, I don't see why those Pokemon can't be part of a pair. Not only would it give fans the choice of which version they prefer, but it would be so much easier than just creating another Pokemon. I know this isn't really the problem most people have with human-like Pokemon, but I think it would probably help; if only a little. But, those are mostly just my thoughts on this topic. Nonetheless, I hope you all still enjoyed this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment