Friday, January 27, 2023

It's time to post! For today's blog post, I'll be talking about what I like to call the "long hair/short hair trope". I'm not sure if there's an actual name for this, since I don't see much of anyone ever talk about it. For those of you who don't know, it's very common to use hair to show the passage of time. It happens often in anime, and it's almost always used for the girl characters. However, it is occasionally used for boy characters as well. For example, if a character currently has long hair, they'll have short hair in flashbacks of their past. If they have short hair, then their younger self will have long hair instead. This is such a common thing that it can be found in many different series, and it's difficult not to notice it once it's pointed out. I don't see anything wrong with this, and I know it makes sense for hair to be used to show the passage of time. People often change their hair more often than anything else, and it makes it easier to show it's a flashback for fully grown characters who won't physically change very much in a flashback. I just wanted to talk about this because I find it pretty interesting. It's a bit surprising how often it's used in anime, and I don't think people usually notice it. Nevertheless, I hope you all still enjoyed this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment