Wednesday, March 14, 2018

For today's blog post, I will be talking about J-Pop. Although J-Pop isn't specifically Anime-related, popular J-Pop songs can often be found either in Anime, or being covered by Vocaloids and Utauloids. Along with this, some Vocaloid songs can also be considered J-Pop songs. This form of music obviously originated in Japan, and it entered Japan's mainstream music in the 1990's. Although the term now covers a wide range of music, it is most commonly associated with the pop genre (which is also pretty obvious). J-Pop usually has an upbeat sound as well. Even though J-Pop bands aren't exclusively female, I have noticed that quite a few of them are. For example, there is Puffy AmiYumi, C-ute, NMB48, and Perfume, to name a few. Although I haven't listened to very much J-Pop myself, I actually do like this genre of music. I also know of quite a few J-Pop songs that have been covered by one or more Vocaloids too. This type of music is obviously popular in Japan, but it's also popular in other parts of the world. Along with this, J-Pop is also known simply as Pops in Japan. I would definitely recommend listening to this type of music if you guys like upbeat music styles. I really like the J-Pop songs I've listened to, but this style of music really varies. Nonetheless, I would still recommend checking out this music style!

No comments:

Post a Comment