Wednesday, March 21, 2018

For today's blog post, I will be talking about what I think does and doesn't count as Anime, according to what I've seen or heard from other Anime fans. First of all, Anime is a general term used to describe cartoons (yes, cartoons) from Japan. However, they are usually in a unique art style that we have come to associate with Anime. But, there are some American shows like RWBY and Neo Yokio that are still widely considered to be Anime throughout the fan base. Despite this, there are also other shows like Avatar: The Last Airbender and Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi that are clearly inspired by Anime but are not considered to be Anime amongst the fans. But why is this? I personally think it might be because shows like Avatar: The Last Airbender and Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi aren't quite as accurate with the Anime art styling as other shows like RWBY. Because of this, it's easier for Anime fans to accept shows that are more accurately styled in the Anime art styles as opposed to shows that are clearly only Anime-inspired. But, this is just why I personally think Anime fans only accept some things as an Anime series over other things that just resemble the Anime art style. So, I might be wrong about some of this. However, I hope you guys still enjoy this post, and I also hope you guys agree with at least some of the things I said in this!

No comments:

Post a Comment