Tuesday, March 6, 2018

For today's blog post, I will be talking about shipping. I won't be talking about any specific ships or anything either, just shipping in general. I've actually known about this concept for quite a while, but I've been avoiding the topic on my blog because I don't really like shipping. First of all, shipping isn't limited to just the Anime, manga, and Vocaloid communities. It can actually be found in a lot of different fan bases. This includes things like Anime, manga, and Vocaloids. But, it also includes things like Steven Universe and Undertale, to name a few. Now as for what shipping is, shipping is basically a term used to describe when a fan of something takes two characters from a show or something else they like and put them in a romantic relationship. These people are often known as "shippers". Although this seems pretty harmless, some people can be very headstrong when it comes to their preferred ship. I personally don't like this because people come up with some really weird ships. Along with this, some people can also be quite obnoxious when it comes to things like this, especially the people who claim their ship is a "superior ship". Other than this, I really don't mind if people want to support canon ships or make up their own. But if there's a ship someone really likes, I think it would be nice if they at least stayed civil about it. That's just my opinion though. Even though I got a bit off track at the end, I hope this post still helps you guys understand ships better!

No comments:

Post a Comment