Monday, September 28, 2026
It's post time! One of my least favorite parts of anime is when they make a character the designated punching bag. This is often a male character who's constantly being physically attacked. That character is usually being hit by a girl, so it's supposed to be a joke. But the problem is, a joke is supposed to be funny. I don't think I've ever found an anime fan who likes this, and it usually just makes everyone hate the girl character instead. I know that I personally hate girl characters that are so emotionally unstable that they're constantly lashing out at men, or others in general. It's really annoying and it literally makes me angry every time I have to see their faces. The most well-known example of this is Sakura from Naruto. Everyone hates her because of this "joke". It isn't because she's "weak", it's because she's a massive jerk. No one wants to be around a physically violent, annoying, emotionally unstable person regardless of their gender. I also hate when they make male characters like this, but it's more common to see a girl beating up a boy than it is to see a man beating up another man. It's also kind of sexist that it's always a man being beat up, because you'll never see a woman character being used as the designated punching bag. All in all, this is a stupid "joke" and I hope it dies. Regardless, I hope you all still enjoyed this blog post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment