Friday, September 25, 2026

New day, new post! A few days ago I talked about space buns. So for today's blog post, I'll be talking about the difference between space buns and odango. Even though space buns are popular in Japan, they don't actually have a specific name for them. Odango instead is used for all bun hairstyles. Space buns is an American term. It likely came from Princess Leia from Star Wars, even though she doesn't have space buns. Space buns are two perfectly symmetrical circular buns on the top of the head; which is not what Princess Leia has. These buns are actually from Ancient China, so they really have nothing to do with Japan or Star Wars. But if you want to call them anything, odango is more respectful and accurate. Especially since "space buns" was a term drawn from a character who does not even have space buns. Regardless, I hope you all still enjoyed this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment