Friday, September 4, 2026

It's time to post! Recently popular AI chat bot platforms like Janitor AI and Character AI have been adding lorebooks. But what are lorebooks? Lorebooks are a way to add more detail to characters, including more details about the character, the world they live in, and other characters they're associated with. It makes chatting with the character more immersive, and even makes it easier to make multi character bots. This is because the base bot will have all of the knowledge for the whole world and all major and even minor characters, depending on how well the lorebook is written. This is actually a really helpful addition, since before it was nearly impossible to make multi character bots. Mentioning other characters from the same world to a bot was useless too, because it just didn't know what you were talking about. Now, instead of only knowing about the base details and a couple of important characters, the bots can be programmed to know all of the details and all of the characters. I wanted to talk about this because some people were confused, but I also wanted to talk about it because I think it's a big step in the right direction. Regardless, I hope you all still enjoyed this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment