Tuesday, September 22, 2026

What are space buns? Well, that's what I'll be talking about in today's blog post! Space buns are a popular Japanese hairstyle, but they didn't originally come from Japan. It's more likely they were made in China. However, they've become very popular in Japan, especially in anime and cute culture. In Japan, they're not called space buns. The term "space buns" came from America, and was likely named that way because of Star Wars. But in Japan, they're called odango, which is closer to being called a dumpling. This is because the buns resemble dumplings. It can really refer to any bun hairstyle in Japan. But in this context, it's usually referring to the two symmetrical buns on top of the head. They're considered very cute, so they've become popular in anime. This means they're popular in the anime community, too. I wanted to talk about this because people talk about space buns, but they don't really know what they are. As always, I hope you all enjoyed this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment