Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Is Hello Kitty a girl or a cat? Well, that's what I'll be talking about in today's blog post! This has been a long debated question for Sanrio fans for literally years now, even though the answer is very simple. But before I answer this question, let me explain the situation. Years ago, the American representative for the Sanrio company started telling people in interviews that Hello Kitty is actually a little girl. Fans were rightfully very confused and angry about this, but these claims just kept coming. However, this was all just a big misunderstanding. Hello Kitty is a cat. The idea that she's "a little girl" comes from a mistranslation of the statement calling Hello Kitty a little British girl. That description is to simply tell fans that she's a young girl from London, not that she's a human. Never has the Japanese company ever said that she's a human girl. She's a young girl, not a young human girl. She and her family are all cats. That's all. I don't understand how this got so out of hand when it's very obvious she's a cat. Believing otherwise because somebody who had no hand in creating her said so is honestly just pretty dumb. She's a cat, her sister is a cat, her parents are cats, and her pet cat is a different type of cat. It's even been confirmed what breed of cat Hello Kitty is. She's a Japanese Bobtail. So if anyone tells you she's a little human girl in a costume, tell them to be quiet. I'm so tired of this misinformation being spread around as facts. Regardless, I hope you all still enjoyed this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment