Sunday, August 2, 2026
It's post time! Yesterday I talked about the Status app for people who didn't know about it, but I didn't get to talk very much about why fans have been turning against it. So, I'd like to explain today. Firstly, this app used to be ad-free, and subscriptions didn't exist. It was completely free to play. Originally this app gave you fifty or more free energy every day. It reset every night at midnight. The developers said the energy system was temporary until the app started earning them money; and that eventually the app would be unlimited for everyone. However, instead, the energy system became permanent; and the daily energy dropped all the way down to five free energy a day. Fans were rightfully angry about this, but the developers defended this choice by saying AI costs too much. However, it gets worse. They eventually added ads to help cover the costs. But even though they were making more money than ever, they fully removed the free daily energy for all new users. They added the ability to watch ads for energy, but it hardly ever works. Despite this, the ads that don't reward you still load in correctly. The addition of ads and pop-ups have also made the app extremely laggy. They are currently working on giving free daily energy to random accounts until everyone has it, but it will still only be five a day. So in conclusion, a feature that was supposed to be temporary has now made the app completely unusable. This is why the app is losing so many users so quickly, and why so many people are angry about it. I do hope this is fixed in the future, because this app has so much potential. But as of right now, it's not worth the effort. Nonetheless, I hope you all still enjoyed this blog post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment